MARICOPA COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT
JANUARY 30, 2009
A special board meeting of the Maricopa County Community College District Governing Board was scheduled to be held at 2:00 p.m. at the District Support Services Center in Tempe, Arizona, pursuant to A.R.S. §38-431.02, notice having been duly given.
Colleen Clark, President - via teleconference
Randolph Lumm, Secretary
Don Campbell, Member
Jerry Walker, Member
Debra Pearson, Member
Steve Helfgot - absent
Debra Thompso - absent
Linda Lujan for Ken Atwater - via teleconference
Maria Hesse - via teleconference
Anna Solley - via teleconference
Linda Thor - via teleconference
Paul Dale - via teleconference
Jolyne Ghanatabadi for Gene Giovannini
Velvie Green - absent
I. SPECIAL BOARD MEETING
CALL TO ORDER
President Colleen Clark called the Special Board Meeting to order at 2:21 p.m.
1. CONSIDERATION OF EMPLOYMENTS, RESIGNATIONS, RETIREMENTS AND TERMINATIONS - that the proposed personnel actions be approved. Budget approvals have been granted and are on file for the recommended personnel actions in this item.
Mr. Lumm made the motion to accept the action item. Debra Pearson made a substitute motion to accept the employments, resignations, retirements and terminations with the exception of one employee hire, Kelly Zamora from MCC. Ms. Pearson has requested to table this one particular hire until Dr. Glasper has the opportunity to research and report back to the Board.
MOTION NO. 9530
This substitution motion was approved 5-0.
Mr. Lumm provided members with a handout reflecting seven items he would like addressed at future Governing Board meetings. (Please see attached document.)
ADJOURNMENT OF SPECIAL BOARD MEETING:
The Special Board Meeting adjourned at 2:41 p.m.
Randolph Elias Lumm
Governing Board Secretary
Items to Bring to the Board
January 30, 2009
1. Board member's request for action; when a lot of information is requested by a board member, this should come to the full board for discussion, synergy and consensus (a vote).
2. Request a board retreat to get status reports on technology information; answering the questions about a strategic plan for all the spending that includes a project plan that identifies life cycle and testing phases.
3. Request all board members receive a copy of the Information Technology audit recently completed.
4. Request that an external investigation be done on the dismissal of Ms. Yvonne Watterson, the Principal at Gateway High School.
5. Request this item to be put on the board agenda for discussion, synergy and consensus that all MCCCD High School Principals attend at least one board meeting a month and provide an update for their school.
6. Request that an action item be put in place to have a plan of action to towards Glendale, Rio Salado and Gateway becoming Hispanic Serving Institutes.
7. It is my understanding that the District did not find porn or links to porn on the Glendale professor's website or on the district or college's mainframe computers and
that no request for settlement was made. Did the district check the district computer caches, backup files or have them run a computer file undelete program to check for
porn on all of the computers involved, and did they ask for a settlement agreement? If not, please do so.