PROTOCOL FOR ADDRESSING THE BOARD DURING BOARD MEETINGS
The protocol for addressing Board members during a Board meeting is included on the following page for those individuals scheduled to present to the Board or for those Citizens who wish to address the Board during Citizen's Interim.
Pursuant to ARS §38-431.02, the Maricopa County Community College District hereby states that all notices and agendas of meetings of the Maricopa County Community College District Governing Board and any of its committees will be posted on the wall outside the Governing Board Room located on the second floor of the District Support Services Center at 2411 West 14th Street, Tempe, Arizona which is open to the public Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Monday through Thursday from 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. when summer hours are in effect, except legal holidays. Such notices will indicate the date, time, and place of the meeting, and will include information concerning the manner in which the public may obtain an agenda for the meeting. For further information or questions, please contact the Governing Board Assistant at (480) 731-8889.
The following agenda(s) will be considered at the next scheduled board meeting or meeting attendance of the Maricopa County Community College District Governing Board.
Past Agendas (as of November 2008)
ADDITONAL NOTES: Action items for any Regular Board Meeting will be included in the Regular Board Meeting's Board Book and will not be duplicated anywhere else. Action Items under consideration during Agenda Review will be included in the Board Book for the Agenda Review / Work Session date. Some items may be marked as placeholders until they can be finalized for the Regular Board Meeting. Board Books are all-in-one PDF files which include the meeting's agenda and all supporting documentation, including any action items. It is recommended Board Books be opened from within Adobe Acrobat in order for the BOOKMARKS function to be used to toggle more easily between items.
Maricopa County Community College District REVISED Governing Board Agenda February 24, 2015
- Vision: A Community of Colleges—Colleges for the Community—working collectively and responsibly to meet the life-long learning needs of our diverse students and communities.
- Mission: The Maricopa Community Colleges provide access to higher education for diverse students and communities. We focus on learning through: University Transfer Education, General Education, Developmental Education, Workforce Development, Student Development Services, Continuing Education, Community Education, Civic Responsibility, and Global Engagement.
COMMITTEE: BOARD BUDGET AND FINANCE
District Support Services Center | 2411 West 14th Street | Tempe, AZ 85281 | Employee Lounge (M134)—1st Floor
- CALL TO ORDER
- FY2016 BUDGET UPDATE / FY2014 CAFR AND AUDIT PROCESS
District Support Services Center | 2411 West 14th Street | Tempe, AZ 85281 | Maricopa Room—First Floor
CALL TO ORDER
APPROVAL TO GO INTO EXECUTIVE SESSION
1. Discussion with designated representatives for the Board to consider its position and instruct its representatives regarding negotiations for the purchase and sale of real property—ARS §38-431.03.A.7—Purchase of College Properties—Estrella Mountain Community College
2. Discussion with designated representatives for the Board to consider its position and instruct its representatives regarding negotiations for the purchase and sale of real property—ARS §38-431.03.A.7—Sale of College Properties—Scottsdale Community College
3. Discussion with designated representatives for the Board to consider its position and instruct its representatives regarding negotiations for the purchase and sale of real property—ARS §38-431.03.A.7—Sale of College Properties—South Mountain Community College
4. Discussion with designated representatives for the Board to consider its position and instruct its representatives regarding negotiations for the purchase and sale of real property—ARS §38-431.03.A.7—Sale of College Properties—Chandler-Gilbert Community College
5. Discussion with designated representatives for the Board to consider its position and instruct its representatives regarding negotiations for the purchase and sale of real property—ARS §38-431.03.A.7—Purchase of College Properties—GateWay Community College
District Support Services Center | 2411 West 14th Street | Tempe, AZ 85281 | Governing Board Room—Second Floor
Governing Board Members, the Chancellor, and representatives of various groups may each present a brief summary of current events. The Governing Board will not propose, discuss, deliberate or take legal action on any matter presented in a summary.
1. Re-Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Student Life Reports
3.1 Estrella Mountain Community College, Student Life and Leadership
4. Emeritus, Awards, and Recognition
4.1 Faculty Emeritus Distinction Award—South Mountain Community College
4.2 Faculty Emeritus Distinction Award—Mesa Community College
4.3 Carnegie Foundation Community Engagement Classification—Chandler-Gilbert Community College and Mesa Community College
4.4 IBN Process Recognition—South Mountain Community College
4.5 2015 Bellwether Award Nominations—South Mountain Community College and District Office
5. Citizens Interim
This is an opportunity for members of the public to address the Governing Board. In compliance with the Open Meeting Law, the Governing Board will neither discuss nor take action on issues raised during this portion of the agenda. When necessary, issues will be taken under advisement and placed on a subsequent agenda. Presenting concerns to the Board and the free expression of ideas should be communicated with decorum and respect. Uncivil or disorderly conduct is not permitted. The use of derisive or insulting language or the direction of remarks that defame, attack, or harass an individual may serve as cause for the Board’s President to direct that the speaker immediately conclude his or her remarks.
6. Chancellor’s Report
7. Faculty Executive Council Report
8. Adjunct Faculty Association Report
9. Employee Group Reports
9.1 Management, Administration, & Technology (MAT)
APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF THE AGENDA
The order of agenda items is subject to change.
CONSIDERATION OF CONSENT AGENDA ACTION ITEMS
All items with an asterisk are consent matters unless they are removed from the Consent Agenda at this time. Any item may be removed from the agenda by the Chancellor as a matter of administrative prerogative, or by the Governing Board upon motion duly made, seconded, and approved. Consent Agenda items will be approved by one motion (Note: a second to the motion shall not be needed) and there will be no specific discussion of these items. Items removed from the Consent Agenda will be approved during the consideration of the Non-Consent Agenda.
*10.1 Approval of the minutes of the January 27, 2015 Regular Board Meeting, February 3, 2015 Retreat, February 4, 2015 Special Session, and February 17, 2015 Agenda Review and Work Session
*11.1 Approval of Faculty Emeritus Distinction—Mesa Community College
*11.2 Approval of Faculty Emeritus Distinction—Mesa Community College
12. ACADEMIC AND STUDENT AFFAIRS
*12.1 Approval of Curriculum
*12.2 Approval of Curriculum—Academic Degrees and Policies
*12.3 Approval of Agreement for Dual Enrollment with Charter School
*12.4 Approval of Title I LEA Grant 2015—Title I LEA
*12.5 Approval of Maricopa Skill Center and Year Up MOU
*12.6 Approval of Proposition 301 Workforce Development and Job Training Plan for FY2015-16
CONSIDERATION OF NON-CONSENT ACTION ITEMS
13. BUSINESS SERVICES
13.1 Approval of Proposed Tuition and Fees FY2015-16
13.2 Approval of Proposed Fee Changes FY2015-16
14. HUMAN RESOURCES
14.1 Review of Employments (Regular, Short-Term, and Specially Funded)
14.2 Review of Separations
15. BUSINESS SERVICES
15.1 Budget Analysis Report, Fund 1—General Unrestricted Fund, for the Seven Months Ending January 31, 2015
16. Governing Board Reports
17. Internal Community Reports
17.1 Vice Chancellor
18. External Community Reports
18.1 Arizona Association of District Governing Boards (AADGB)
18.2 Arizona School Boards Association (ASBA)
18.3 Association of Community College Trustees (ACCT)
ESTABLISHMENT OF NEXT MEETING DATES, TIMES AND PLACES
19. March 10, 2015, 3:00 p.m., Board Policy Committee Meeting, M134
20. March 10, 2015, 4:30 p.m., Agenda Review, Governing Board Room
21. March 10, 2015, 6:00 p.m., Work Session, Governing Board Room
22. March 24, 2015, 3:00 p.m., Board Budget and Finance Committee Meeting, M134
23. March 24, 2015, 6:30 p.m., Regular Board Meeting, Governing Board Room