PROTOCOL FOR ADDRESSING THE BOARD DURING BOARD MEETINGS
The protocol for addressing Board members during a Board meeting is included on the following page for those individuals scheduled to present to the Board or for those Citizens who wish to address the Board during Citizen's Interim.
Pursuant to ARS §38-431.02, the Maricopa County Community College District hereby states that all notices and agendas of meetings of the Maricopa County Community College District Governing Board and any of its committees will be posted on the wall outside the Governing Board Room located on the second floor of the District Support Services Center at 2411 West 14th Street, Tempe, Arizona which is open to the public Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. when summer hours are in effect, except legal holidays. Such notices will indicate the date, time, and place of the meeting, and will include information concerning the manner in which the public may obtain an agenda for the meeting. For further information or questions, please contact the Governing Board Assistant at (480) 731-8889.
The following agenda(s) will be considered at the next scheduled board meeting or meeting attendance of the Maricopa County Community College District Governing Board.
Past Agendas (as of November 2008)
ADDITONAL NOTES: Action items for any Regular Board Meeting will be included in the Regular Board Meeting's Board Book and will not be duplicated anywhere else. Action Items under consideration during Agenda Review will be included in the Board Book for the Agenda Review date. Some items may be marked as placeholders until they can be finalized for the Regular Board Meeting. Board Books are all-in-one PDF files which include the meeting's agenda and all supporting documentation, including any action items. It is recommended Board Books be opened from within Adobe Acrobat in order for the "Bookmarks" function to be used to toggle more easily between items.
(Current as of Monday, August 8, 2016 at 4:00 p.m.)
Maricopa County Community College District
Governing Board Agenda
August 9, 2016
A Community of Colleges — Colleges for the Community — working collectively and responsibly to meet the life-long learning needs of our diverse students and communities.
The Maricopa Community Colleges provide access to higher education for diverse students and communities. We focus on learning through: University Transfer Education, General Education, Developmental Education, Workforce Development, Student Development Services, Continuing Education, Community Education, Civic Responsibility, and Global Engagement.
The meetings noted below will be held in the location specified below.
District Support Services Center | 2411 West 14th Street | Tempe, AZ 85281|Governing Board Room, Second Floor
Executive Session: Maricopa Room | First Floor, Room M103
District Support Services Center | 2411 West 14th Street | Tempe, AZ 85281 | Governing Board Room, Second Floor
CALL TO ORDER
- Discuss Recommended Changes and Measurements to the Board Regarding Board Policy 1.2 Workforce and Economic Development
- Discuss and Possibly Recommend Changes to the Board Regarding Board Policy 1.3 Developmental Education
- Call to Order and Welcome – Board Member Dana Saar
- Policy Language Presentation – Dr. Paul Dale, Interim Executive Vice Chancellor & Provost
- Summary and Next Steps: Interim Executive Vice Chancellor & Provost Dr. Paul Dale
ADJOURNMENT & MOTION TO MOVE TO AGENDA REVIEW
CALL TO ORDER
AGENDA REVIEW FOR THE AUGUST 23, 2016 REGULAR BOARD MEETING
ADJOURNMENT & MOVE TO EXECUTIVE SESSION
Immediately following Agenda Review
Maricopa Room | First Floor, Room M103
CALL TO ORDER
APPROVAL TO GO INTO EXECUTIVE SESSION
- Discussion or consultation with the attorneys of the public body in order to consider its position and instruct its attorneys regarding the public body's position regarding contracts that are the subject of negotiations, in pending or contemplated litigation or in settlement discussions conducted in order to avoid or resolve litigation - A.R.S.§38-431.03(A)(4) – Update on Guarantee Corporation of North America – Scottsdale Community College
- Discussion with designated representatives for the Board to consider its position and instruct its representatives regarding negotiations for the purchase or lease of real property—ARS §38431.03.A.7— Paradise Valley Community College