Pursuant to ARS §38-431.02 , the Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) hereby states that all notices and agendas of meetings of the MCCCD Governing Board and any of its committees will be posted on the wall outside the Governing Board Room located on the second floor of the District Support Services Center at 2411 West 14th Street, Tempe, Arizona which is open to the public Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Monday through Thursday from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. when summer hours are in effect, except legal holidays. Such notices will indicate the date, time, and place of the meeting, and will include information concerning the manner in which the public may obtain an agenda for the meeting.
Past Agendas (as of 2014)
Agendas, action items, and other meeting materials dated prior to 2014 are bound into books located in the Legal Library at the District Office.
- Action items for any Regular Board Meeting will be included in the Regular Board Meeting's Board Book and will not be duplicated anywhere else.
- Board Books are all-in-one PDF files which include the meeting's agenda and all supporting documentation, including any action items. It is recommended Board Books be opened from within Adobe Acrobat in order for the BOOKMARKS function to be used to toggle more easily between items.
A copy of all agenda materials will be available the day prior to the scheduled meeting. The MCCCD endeavors to make all public meetings accessible to persons with disabilities or individuals with Limited English Proficiency. To ensure the provision of appropriate or reasonable accommodations, please submit your request 48-hours in advance of the meeting. Without advance notice we are unable to guarantee the accommodations of choice. For a literal translation of this agenda, we recommend Google Translate.
Maricopa County Community College District
Governing Board Agenda August 11, 2020
A Community of Colleges—Colleges for the Community—working collectively and responsibly to meet the life-long learning needs of our diverse students and communities.
The Maricopa Community Colleges provide access to higher education for diverse students and communities. We focus on learning through: University Transfer Education, General Education, Developmental Education, Workforce Development, Student Development Services, Continuing Education, Community Education, Civic Responsibility, and Global Engagement.
As a consequence of the COVID 19 Pandemic, the Board’s August 11, 2020 Executive Session immediately followed by Special Session will be conducted entirely remotely via WebEx Meetings & WebEx Events.
In order for the general public to attend the SPECIAL SESSION, either:
- Follow this link | Enter your name and email address | Choose Join by browser
Please proceed to follow the onscreen instructions to continue to view the event.
- If you do not wish to see the presented materials during the meeting, you may choose to join solely by audio conference. Dial +1-408-418-9388 | Enter meeting access code 146 251 4086 # #
EXECUTIVE SESSION (Not a Public Meeting)
CALL TO ORDER
APPROVAL TO GO INTO EXECUTIVE SESSION
- Discussion or consultation for legal advice with the attorney or attorneys of the Governing Board as per Arizona Revised Statutes §38-431.03 (A)(3): Receive and review information from the Governing Board’s Attorney about the status of the current Chancellor Search process.
Immediately following Executive Session
CALL TO ORDER
- Consider action on the status of the current Chancellor Search process.