Pursuant to ARS §38-431.02 , the Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) hereby states that all notices and agendas of meetings of the MCCCD Governing Board and any of its committees will be posted on the wall outside the Governing Board Room located on the second floor of the District Support Services Center at 2411 West 14th Street, Tempe, Arizona which is open to the public Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Monday through Thursday from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. when summer hours are in effect, except legal holidays. Such notices will indicate the date, time, and place of the meeting, and will include information concerning the manner in which the public may obtain an agenda for the meeting.
Past Agendas (as of 2014)
Agendas, action items, and other meeting materials dated prior to 2014 are bound into books located in the Legal Library at the District Office.
- Action items for any Regular Board Meeting will be included in the Regular Board Meeting's Board Book and will not be duplicated anywhere else.
- Board Books are all-in-one PDF files which include the meeting's agenda and all supporting documentation, including any action items. It is recommended Board Books be opened from within Adobe Acrobat in order for the BOOKMARKS function to be used to toggle more easily between items.
A copy of all agenda materials will be available the day prior to the scheduled meeting. The MCCCD endeavors to make all public meetings accessible to persons with disabilities or individuals with Limited English Proficiency. To ensure the provision of appropriate or reasonable accommodations, please submit your request 48-hours in advance of the meeting. Without advance notice we are unable to guarantee the accommodations of choice. For a literal translation of this agenda, we recommend Google Translate.
Maricopa County Community College District
Governing Board Agenda November 24, 2020
A Community of Colleges—Colleges for the Community—working collectively and responsibly to meet the life-long learning needs of our diverse students and communities.
The Maricopa Community Colleges provide access to higher education for diverse students and communities. We focus on learning through: University Transfer Education, General Education, Developmental Education, Workforce Development, Student Development Services, Continuing Education, Community Education, Civic Responsibility, and Global Engagement.
As a consequence of the COVID 19 Pandemic, the Board’s November 24th Work Session and Regular Board Meeting will be conducted entirely remotely via WebEx Events.
In order for the general public to attend the Work Session and Regular Board Meeting, either:
- Follow this link | Enter your name and email address | Choose Join by browser
Please proceed to follow the onscreen instructions to continue to view the event.
- If you do not wish to see the presented materials during the meeting, you may choose to join solely by audio conference. Dial +1-408-418-9388 | Enter meeting access 146 470 1806 # #
WebEx EventCALL TO ORDER
- FISCAL YEAR 21-22 BUDGET DEVELOPMENT UPDATE
CALL TO ORDER
- Call to Order
- Substitutions (1)
- Faculty Executive Council Report—Ms. Patrice Nango
- “Things are Changing”
- Adjunct Faculty Association Report by - Dr. Teri Traaen
- Faculty Association Update and Leadership Guide
- Interim Employee Senate Report by - Ms. Ana Chandler & Ms. Shannon Monge
- Senate Update: Communications Team, Policy Team, Mercer Study, Employee Wellness, Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Engagement.
- Student Life Reports
- Mesa Community College: Ms. Beth Ann Wright & Lorena Austin-Student Government Advisors & Yudidy Nonthe-President, Shineka Clay-Executive Vice President of Associated Students of Mesa Community College (ASMCC).
- Student Senate Reports – Dr. Felicia Ganther
- Emeritus, Awards, and Recognition (6)
- Chancellor Report - Dr. Steven Gonzales
- System Updates
This is an opportunity for members of the public to address the Governing Board. In compliance with the Open Meeting Law, the Governing Board will neither discuss nor act on issues raised during this portion of the agenda. When necessary, issues will be taken under advisement and placed on subsequent agenda. Presenting concerns to the Board and the free expression of ideas should be communicated with Decorum and respect. Uncivil or disorderly conduct is not permitted. The use of derisive or insulting language or the direction of remarks that defame, attack, or harass an individual may serve as cause for the Board’s President to direct that the speaker immediately concludes his or her remarks.
CONSIDERATION OF CONSENT AGENDA
All items with an asterisk are consent matters unless they are removed from the Consent Agenda at this time. Any item may be removed from the agenda by the Chancellor as a matter of administrative prerogative, or by the Governing Board upon motion duly made, seconded, and approved. Consent Agenda items will be approved by one motion and there will be no specific discussion of these items. Items removed from the Consent Agenda will be approved during the consideration of the Non-Consent Agenda.
*10.1 Approve President Emeritus Distinction for Dr. Ernie Lara
*10.2 Approve Faculty Emeritus Distinction for Yvette Garcia
*10.3 Approve Faculty Emeritus Distinction for Martha Bienert
*10.4 Approve Faculty Emeritus Distinction for Donald Hall
*10.5 Approve Faculty Emeritus Distinction for Sarah Capawana
*10.6 Approve Faculty Emeritus Distinction for Darby Heath
11. ACADEMIC AFFAIRS
*11.1 Approve Continuing Grant from U.S. Department of Education Upward Bound TriO Program
for South Mountain Community College 2020-2021
*11.2 Approve Agreement for Dual Enrollment with Charter School - Ridgeline Academy Inc.
*11.3 Approve Agreement for Dual Enrollment with Private School - The Jones-Gordon School
*11.4 Approve Curriculum, November 2020
12. BUSINESS SERVICES
*12.1 Approve participation of Maricopa County Community Colleges District on behalf of Phoenix College
Preparatory Academy to participate in the Summer Food Service Program for FY 2021
*12.2 Approve Job Order Contracting Purchase Order for Restroom Renovations at GateWay Community
*12.3 Approve Construction Contract Award for the “A” Building Remodel at Phoenix College
13. HUMAN RESOURCES
14. WORKFORCE & ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
*14.1 Proposition 301 Workforce Development & Job Training Expenditure Reports for FY 2018-19 &
FIRST READ & INFORMATION ITEMS
15. HUMAN RESOURCES
15.1 Employment & Separations (September 19, 2020 – October 16, 2020)
16. BUSINESS SERVICES
16.1 BURN REPORT: Review Budget Analysis Report Fund 1: General Unrestricted Fund for the four months
ending October 31, 2020.
17. Governing Board Reports
- Current Event Summaries
ESTABLISHMENT OF NEXT MEETING DATES, TIMES, AND LOCATIONS
- December 8, 2020, 6:30 p.m., Regular Board Meeting – The Governing Board of MCCCD will be assessing on a monthly basis the status of “in person” meetings.
January 5, 2021, 5:00 p.m., Special Meeting-Election of Officers - The Governing Board of MCCCD will be assessing on a monthly basis the status of “in person” meetings.
January 26, 2021, 6:30 p.m., Regular Board Meeting - The Governing Board of MCCCD will be assessing on a monthly basis the status of “in person” meetings.