FACT, being committed to the use of Interest-Based Problem Solving (IBPS), has adopted the
GROUND RULES FOR SUSTAINED COLLABORATIVE RELATIONSHIPS
- We will define every FACT Committee/group meeting as an event when interests and ideas are affirmatively received and fully considered.
- We will individually use self-control in order to not monopolize the time allocated for our meetings, so that each person serving on the FACT Committee will have the opportunity to provide their ideas, interests, and concerns on every topic addressed.
- We will individually withhold our anger and frustration so as not to blame anyone else for areas of our personal frustration in our collective work together.
- We will openly share our work in a transparent fashion such that all employees within the Maricopa Community College District can participate in this process and learn how Interest Based Problem Solving is used in this process.
- We will discuss in our Committee meetings and, with our constituents, our best hopes and worst fears about all aspects of our work together.
- We will use specific examples of interests and potential satisfiers in order to move our discussions along in as detailed a manner as possible and support the work of our assistant who is charged with taking minutes and providing all documents in compliance with the Arizona Open Meeting Law requirements.
- We will honor FACT Committee meeting schedules, starting and ending on time, as well as coming prepared to each meeting with our individual and subcommittee assignments completed. When feasible we will use technology so that Committee members are able to join meetings from remote locations and still meet their primary professional obligations.
- We will use the available District budget data and resources, when appropriate, to consider proposed narrative and agreement language considering the fiscal impact on the intent of the language and concepts being brought forward throughout our FACT Committee work.
Please click on the links below in order to learn more about IBPS:
- Interest-Based Negotiation: Skills for Problem-Solving and Collaboration
- Interest Based Problem Solving: Navigating a Path to Common Ground in All Situations
- FACT Ground Rules for Sustained Collaborative Relationships
For inquiries regarding IBPS please contact: