About Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA)
The District's endorsement of Equal Employment Opportunity principles encompasses both the letter and spirit of the laws that prohibit discrimination in employment. In the EEO section of About HR, you will find information about Maricopa's EEO program, including procedures for filing a complaint of discrimination and its commitment to affirmative action in hiring minorities, women, persons with disabilities and veterans. The result of EEO/AA is diversity. For more information on one of the ways Maricopa is embracing diversity, please visit the Diversity web pages.
It is the vision of the Office of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action to maintain a harmonious work environment conducive to serving our students, employees and community with equal, and fair service to all. Our overall vision in conjunction with Maricopa Colleges’ vision is to “seek to meet and exceed the changing expectations of our many communities for effective, innovative, student-centered, flexible, and lifelong educational opportunities.” Our employees are also committed to respecting diversity, continuous quality improvement, and the efficient use of resources. We take pride in being a learning organization guided by our shared values.
The Maricopa Community Colleges seek to be an educational and employment haven free from unlawful discrimination. Maricopa Community Colleges Office of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action is committed to:
- Up-holding this District’s policy to provide equal opportunity in employment, educational programs, and activities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information
- Applying affirmative action in the advancement of women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans
- Preventing unlawful discrimination and to guiding institutional compliance with Maricopa County Community Colleges District policies as well as applicable federal and state laws
- Promoting and carrying out the vision of Maricopa Colleges by adhering to the vision of this District. Our continuing mission is to provide excellent service to a multiplicity of clientele, internal and external with efficiency and timeliness of service
- Carrying out through training seminars, investigation and resolution of complaints, newsletters regarding affirmative action and equal employment opportunity issues confronting the workforce. Additionally, the EEO/Affirmative Action Office endeavors to foster an environment and culture that supports all members of Maricopa County Community Colleges
- Meet the needs of clients by reviewing allegations and resolving complaints in a timely manner, and applying the law in all situations without bias.
- Maintain good work ethics and a healthy work environment by use of fair and equitable practices of equal treatment for all.
- Provide equal opportunity counseling and consultation services.
- Keep internal and external clients apprised of information on equal opportunity/affirmative action; assuring that equal access is provided to students and employees.
- The use of equal employment opportunity for women/minorities in all recruitment outreach activities.