Service of Process
The following District employees are authorized by the Governing Board to accept service of process of any document upon the District:
- Elza Macias, Executive Assistant to the Governing Board.
- Janice Falkenberg, General Counsel, or designee.
Process must be served at the District Office Building, 2411 West 14th Street, Tempe, AZ. The Board’s assistant is located at that address. Process servers may make appointments to serve the Board’s assistant by calling 480.731.8125.
No other MCCCD employees are authorized to accept service of process for MCCCD or any other party. They will not sign documents to that effect. If asked, they will identify themselves by name and title when you hand your document to them.
- MCCCD Cannot and Will Not Accept, Assist in, or Facilitate Service of Process on Individual Employees - Service of a summons and complaint or notice of claim on individual employees in their personal capacity cannot be accomplished through delivery to MCCCD. Personal delivery to the individual is required. MCCCD does not facilitate such service by delivering the process for the third party, making appointments, calling employees to the front desk, communicating on behalf of the party serving process, or any other means.
- Subpoenas for Testimony - Generally, subpoenas compelling a person to attend and give testimony at a deposition, hearing or trial must be delivered to the named individual witness. MCCCD is not authorized by any individuals to accept, waive, or facilitate such service. However, if the anticipated testimony involves information the employee is believed to have acquired or witnessed in his or her official capacity, or if the employee is expected to speak as a witness representative of MCCCD, the party issuing the subpoena is encouraged to contact the Office of General Counsel at 480.731.8878 in advance of any attempt to serve the subpoena. Advance discussion may help avoid undue delays, burdens, and costs.
- Subpoenas for Records – Please refer to Paragraph 2 above.
- Subpoenas from Outside of Arizona - Subpoenas from state courts outside Arizona must be issued and served in accordance with Arizona rules. Subpoenas issued by the courts and agencies of states other than the state of Arizona are not enforceable in Arizona unless they are issued in accordance with an Arizona procedure, and will not receive a response.
- Garnishments- Writs of Garnishment that are served in the manner required for a summons by rules of the court in civil matter must be served on the MCCCD at the District Office Building, 2411 West 14th Street, Tempe, AZ.
- Arizona Revised Statue Section 15-1444
- MCCCD Risk Management (Use your MEID/PW to login)
- Notice of Claim Form (Please be advised that this form is being provided to you as a courtesy and MCCCD is under no legal obligation to provide this claim form to you. We will not provide consultation as to how to complete this form. We cannot comment as to whether or not your claim is proper or valid, nor can we guarantee you are filing properly for your particular situation. We are not able to provide legal advice. You may want to consult an attorney regarding your claim or service of process.)
Page Updated 08/23/2022