Office of General Counsel
The Office of General Counsel provides legal services to the Maricopa County Community College District, which includes 10 community colleges, 2 skill centers, Maricopa Corporate College, and 2 Communiversities in the greater Phoenix area.
Links to other areas within the Office of General Counsel or to other sites within MCCCD.
This section addresses common areas of interest on how to interact with the department and the District.
- What are the guidelines for outside counsel working for MCCCD?
- How do I make a public records request?
- What am I allowed to do at work to support the current election?
- What's the difference between policies and administrative regulations?
- How do I serve a formal legal "process" (e.g. a notice of claim)?
- I have an issue or concern and want to talk to someone about what I can do.
- Is MCCCD an EEO/AA institution?
- Where do I find information on the Governing Board?
- Where do I find federally mandated disclosures?
- Copyright -- What can I do?
The Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) is an EEO/AA institution and an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Here are links to information regarding Conflict of Interest, Contracts and Agreements, Written Contract Standards, and a quick link to the Employee Portal where you can access MCCCD templates for contracts and agreements.
- Applying Arizona's Conflict of Interest Laws
- Creating and Signing Agreements
- Guidelines for Seeking and Accepting Outside Sponsorships
- Guidelines for Written Contracts
- Maricopa Employees Subject to State Conflict of Interest Laws
- Professional Services Contracts vs. Employment Contracts
- Written Contract Standards
- Employee Portal Link to BLC (must have an MEID/password to log in)
- MCCCD's Master Terms
Links to information about laws, policies, and regulations that most directly affect students' college experiences and some specific resources for faculty.
- Arizona Student Loan Code of Conduct
- COVID 19 and International Students
- FERPA & College Records
- Free Expression Reports
- Information Technology
- Intellectual Property
- Mandatory DRS and Title IX Syllabus Statements
- Melissa Talks
- Political Activity on Campus
- Student Guide: Policies, Procedures, and Resources
- Trainings and Handouts
- Voter Registration
- Symplicity Resources
Legal Services Department
Associate General Counsel Sr., Student Affairs
Program Analyst Sr., Symplicity Support