With respect to the treatment of faculty and staff, and in compliance with all federal and state laws, the Chancellor may not cause or allow conditions or procedures that are unfair, unsafe, or undignified.
AMENDED October 22, 2013, Motion No. 10112
AMENDED February 22, 2011, Motion No. 9781, 9782
I interpret this policy to mean that it is the responsibility of Maricopa executives, supervisors and employees to work together to create, and maintain a workplace where all employees feel safe, supported, able and accountable to do their best work.
Compliance with this interpretation will be demonstrated when:
- Written policy manuals for all employee groups are adopted through a collaborative process.
- Policies and Regulations are adopted that govern a fair and equitable workplace including those related to equal employment opportunity, workplace violence, whistleblower protection and disability accommodations
- The District follows an Affirmative Action Plan
- Employees have access to an ombudsman and anonymous reporting service
- Employees are provided with access to relevant policies that relate to equal employment opportunity, Title IX, OSHA, sexual harassment and general employee and District policies and procedures.
Compliance will also be demonstrated when conditions that are unfair, unsafe, or undignified and that have been noticed and substantiated through established grievance and notification processes are addressed in a timely and effective manner.
REVISED November 26, 2013