The Governing Board represents all Maricopa County residents in the governance of the district. As “owner-representative” the Board will devote time and energy to hearing from a spectrum of residents.
- Mechanisms will be designed, as the Board deems necessary and/or appropriate, to hear from a representative sample of all residents.
- Student commentary in their role as consumers of district services will be assured a respective hearing by the Chancellor and staff.
- As consumers, students deserve fair and timely response to their concerns or grievances.
- Student commentary in their role as “consumers” of the district will be given specific and serious consideration by the Board, particularly in the formulation of the Board’s policies.
- The Board’s annual cycle of reviewing and reconsidering policies will include a plan for garnering and incorporating resident input into that process.
- Residents’ input will be extensive and ongoing, not a sporadic or infrequent process.
TECHNICAL CHANGES, approved June 27, 2023 Governing Board Meeting
AMENDED February 22, 2011, Motion No. 9781, 9782