2017-2018 (PDF)(Red Line PDF) *updated 8/30/17
- Admission Information C. Criteria for Determining Residency ii. Alien In-State Student Status (AR 2.2.2) - This proposed verbiage defines that the student must still follow former visa type restrictions (e.g., B1 restricting to half-time, vocational classes like ESL and noncredit classes) even if the former visa type is expired AND the student will need to wait an additional year to establish domicile once the change of status is approved according to the USCIS Notice of Action Letter. The time spent while in pending status does not apply to establishing domicile to receive the in-state tuition rate (AMENDED by Direct Approval by the Chancellor, August 30, 2017).
- Refund Policy (AR 2.2.10) - The policy now clarifies when tuition assistance funds are involved, the student's potential financial obligations to the US Department of Defense (DOD) and Maricopa, and the calculation that will be used to determine the amount of tuition assistance funds that will be returned to the DOD. All schools must update their DOD Memorandum of Understanding dashboard with the policy language to be in compliance with audits that began in October 2016 (refer to Red Line Word page 30). Because the process will involve ensuring money is returned to the DOD, the intent is to have the change become effective on July 1, 2017 for the new fiscal year. Addition of "Clock Hour" to Policy language - Addition of the term "clock" to the policy in order to recognize clock hours as well as credit hours. Previous references to "Contact" hours would be placed with "Clock" Hours in language that appears in the Catalog Common Pages (refer to Red Line Word page 29). (May 5, 2017)
- Appendix S-13 The Maricopa Community Colleges Allied Health or Nursing Program (S-13) - The appendix is updated with a technical change. The justification for change is that the Pathways model is no longer used (AMENDED by Direct Approval by the Chancellor, June 1, 2017).
- Admission Policy (AR 2.2.1) - AzMERIT is the statewide achievement test. Arizona public school students in Grades 3 through high school will take AzMERIT in English Language Arts and Mathematics at their grade level. Students taking high school level English Language Arts and Mathematics will take AzMERIT End-of-Course assessments that will test their proficiency in these subjects near the end of the course.
- Other Admission Information (AR 2.2.3) - The Maricopa Admission and Records offices have been receiving official transcripts through Parchment and E-script for over a year and have found it to be a secure and timely way for students to send their official transcripts. From the www.hslda.org website: Homeschooling is legal throughout the United States. Each state is free to create its own legal structure for home education, so one state’s homeschooling laws may look very different from another’s.
- "Credit for Prior Learning" renamed "Prior Learning Assessment Credit" (AR 2.2.4) - Maricopa’s transfer policy (AR 2.2.4 Credit for Prior Learning, Section 3-Articulated Transfer Credit) has been modified to allow Maricopa colleges to evaluate coursework and intake transfer credit from any institution included in the current Directory of Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA)-Recognized Organizations, which is published by the American Council on Education (ACE), and/or the U. S. Department of Education’s Database of Accredited Programs and Institutions. Re-organizational and formatting changes to address coherence and flow; and updates to exam charts (AMENDED through the Administrative Regulation Approval Process June 5, 2017). College Credit Recommendation Service (refer to Red Line Word page 16), Cambridge and DANTES/DSST charts needed additional updates (refer to Red Line Word pages 22-25). (AMENDED by Direct Approval by the Chancellor, June 28, 2017).
- Grading (AR 2.3.3) - DARS Council added the definition of “transcript” in the area of ”Repeating a Class/Improving a Grade” to have clear consistent information presented for the students permanent record.
General Graduation Requirements (AR 2.3.9) - DARS council would like the common pages to reflect that the student may only earn the degree(s)/certificate(s) at one college within Maricopa.
- Transcripts for Transfer (AR 2.3.10) - Recently students are requesting repeated grades to be removed from their official records. Maricopa Common pages needed to clearly state it is permanent record with all credit classes and grades received displayed.
- Appendix S-5 Student Financial Assistance (S-5) - The Financial Aid Council removed the extra requirement of flagging students for Maximum Time Frame (MTF) if they have an associate’s degree starting with the 17-18 academic year.